Last updated: 20/05/2017
This website www.sydneygliding.com.au is used by Sydney Gliding to give visitors and customers (Users) access to various products and services (the Services).
What we will do with a user’s personal information
- All personal information that Sydney Gliding or its related bodies corporate collect is reasonably necessary for the purposes relating to providing our services to Users. The purposes include:
(a) process a booking and/or order (for example but not limited to sending order confirmation and booking confirmation details)
(b) enable Sydney Gliding to communicate effectively, e.g. respond to any questions, concerns, or problems raised by the User
(c) enhance functionality of the Site and Services when a User is logged in, e.g. but not limited to personalised recommendations and submission of customer feedback.
- If someone other than the individual provides us with personal information about an individual, that we did not ask for and we determine that we could have collected this information from the individual had we asked for it, we will notify the individual as soon as practicable. This notice will be given unless to do so would be in breach of an obligation of confidence. If we could not have collected this information, we will lawfully de identify or destroy that personal information.
What personal information we collect from you
- We request information from Users prior to their making a purchase or booking, for example contact information (like name, phone number, email address and delivery/ billing address). If there is an enquiry or trouble is experienced when processing an order or booking, this contact information is used to contact the User. This information will be saved for future orders and/ or bookings.
- In order to facilitate purchases we may also request financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). No credit card details are retained under any circumstances.
- We will not generally collect any sensitive information from you, revealing your: race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability which we consider are unnecessary to our function.
What we will not do with a user’s personal information
- Sydney Gliding will keep a user’s personal information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge user information to advertisers or any other third parties. We will not share a user’s personal information, unless:
(a) we are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with the law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
(b) to enforce our Site rules;
(c) to protect the safety and security of our users and our Site.
User's consent to our use of personal information
- Our use of the personal information we collect is necessary in order for us to maintain the Site and facilitate users’ use of the Site. We do not collect any unnecessary personal data from users (for instance, their race or religious beliefs).
How long we hold a user’s personal information
- We will retain your information for as long as a Sydney Gliding service is active or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve issues, address queries and enforce our agreements.
Keeping a user’s personal information accurate
- The personal information we hold about a user (such as name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify that user.
Keeping a user’s personal information secure
- Sydney Gliding is committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep users’ personal information in a secure environment. However, security cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the internet.
- The security of your sensitive financial details is important to us. Credit card details are never stored by Sydney Gliding.
- Payments are primarily processed utilizing the eWAY platform. eWAY specialize in providing secure transactions.
- Sydney Gliding collects anonymous information about users and the activities of users on the Site. Anonymous information is information that is not linked to the name of a user. This information is used to assist us in enhancing the functionality of the Site and the information remains anonymous at all times.
Collection of Website Activity Information (Cookies)
- Sydney Gliding may collect information about individual users and the activities of Users on the Site. This information may be used to assist us in enhancing the functionality of the Site and Services.
- Collection of website activity information is conducted via the use of ‘cookies’. In simple terms a cookie is a little piece of information handed to a web browser from a web server that contains information that can be retrieved from the server later. When a User visits the Site the server may attach a cookie to their computer’s memory.
Transfer of your data outside of Australia
- Users’ personal information is uploaded to and kept on servers that we maintain or that are maintained by third parties that comply with strict contractual privacy obligations. It is not otherwise transferred internationally except where a copy is sent to the user at their request. Users consent for their personal information to be transferred and stored in this manner is obtained at the time of registration.
Third Party and Linked Sites
- This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Sydney Gliding is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
How can users access, change or delete their personally identifiable information?
- Users have a right to get a copy from us of the personal information we hold about them. If you wish to receive a copy of this information please address your request to email@example.com. We will deal with your request promptly and in any case at least within 30 days of the date of receiving it. We will give access to the information in the manner you request, where reasonable and practicable. This will be subject to any exemptions allowed under the Privacy Act. We will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you at your request.
Copyright and Trademarks
- All the material on this website is subject to the copyright of Sydney Gliding
- You must not reproduce any of the material contained on this web site except that you may download a copy of this web site to the local hard drive of the computer used to access the site; and print extracts of this web site, but only for your personal use.
- You are not permitted to copy any of the material on this web site or otherwise incorporate it into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form; or provide a link to this website from another website without Sydney Gliding's prior written consent.